What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Monday, May 25, 2009

Fried Cabbage


This weekend I got to be a part of The Former Roomy's baby shower! It was so much fun to head her way and get to spend time with her and her family. We had brunch with a most delicious spinach/bacon quiche, salad with strawberries and mandarin oranges, and cinnamon sugar bread ball type thing. All of these recipes I am going to have to get because I have tried to research online, but can't find ones that I think is exact to this.

On my way home I stopped at Burris Farms and picked up some onions, squash and eggplant. Would you believe I talked The Dish Washer into just being vegetarians yesterday? I couldn't believe it! He had been with his family while I was away and came home with the biggest head of cabbage I have ever seen. So yesterday, I put up some squash and then we had a meal of Rotel Squash Casserole (which I have decided is a close enough "lazy" version of Stuffed Squash), Broiled Eggplant and fried cabbage. Fried cabbage is a very simple thing to do.

Fried Cabbage

Cabbage, cut into pieces
bacon

In a large frying pan, begin cooking bacon until browned. Add cabbage pieces with a small amount of water. Add salt and pepper to taste and cover with lid. Cook down cabbage pieces and once that is done keep stirring ("frying") until the juices are cooked out.

--
Papa Roni (my dad's new name thanks to a little girl that started calling him this) used to make corned beef and cabbage all the time. I loved the cabbage from that!

No comments: