What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sausage and Zucchini Pie


It's a cloudy day and I'm just sitting around waiting for our local weatherman to take over my TV for the afternoon.  I do enjoy stormy weather, but I hope we don't see any tornadoes today. 

So what better to do right now than share our supper from last night.  I will say it is probably one of the best recipes I have tried recently.  So easy and so delicious.  I have most of my house work time in the mornings when The Bun is taking his first nap of the day, so yesterday I whipped this up in the morning and put it in the fridge until I was ready to bake it off that evening.  I allowed it to sit at room temp for about 30 minutes before baking.

Sausage and Zucchini Pie

1 lb. ground sausage
1/4 c. butter
4 c. thinly sliced zucchini
1 large onion, chopped
2 large eggs
2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (8 oz.) can crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 375.  Lightly grease 11x7 inch baking dish.  In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly.  Drain, and set aside.

In the same large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.  Add zucchini and onion; cook for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.

In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, mustard, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Stir in sausage, zucchini mixture, and cheeses; set aside.

Unroll crescent roll dough and press into bottom and up sides of prepared baking dish, pressing edges together to seal.  Pour zucchini mixture into dish.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set in middle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Found on Pinterest and just had it tonight. Thank you!

mosaicmarlene said...

I found this in a "Fix it and Enjoy (Pot Luck recipes)" Cookbook. It is so good!!! Great for when you have company. Easy too!