What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sweet Mustard BBQ Sauce


This weekend I plan to make a Boston butt for us to eat off of all weekend while The Dish Washer immerses himself in March Madness.  (Let's Go Duke!!  And Roll Tide for the NCAA-jipped team of the year!  Let's win the NIT.)  Normally I prefer vinegar-tomato based sauces.  My grandmother's is my all-time favorite.  Have I shared that yet?  And The Dish Washer's family has introduced me to the new love of Clear BBQ Sauce, but I wanted to try something different.  So today, while The Bun is napping, I decided to go ahead and make my sauces...the clear and this new one.  It's kicky and I can't tell you how it tastes with the meat, but I think I am going to really like it.

Sweet Mustard BBQ Sauce

1 c. apple cider vinegar
2/3 c. prepared mustard
1/2 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (omit for less kick)
1/2 tsp. hot sauce
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. soy sauce

Stir together first 8 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in butter and soy sauce.

I'm going to put it in the fridge until we are ready for it, but I'll probably serve it warmed.  

No comments: