What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Honey Bun Cake


Tomorrow is my turn to take a meal to a family from our Sunday school class who recently had a baby.  I am planning to take Baked Ziti, Caesar salad, Speedy Dinner Rolls and this cake.  I haven't made this cake in years.  It is another recipe with about 20 different variations.  This one is from my cousin's wife, who is always known for bringing the best dishes to family get-togethers.  She shared her recipe with Sister years ago when she got married.  Mmm, mmm good!!  I thought of this because it would make a great dessert with dinner and an even better breakfast the next morning! 

Honey Bun Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 c. sugar
8 oz. sour cream
3/4 c. oil
4 eggs
--
1 c. brown sugar
4 tsp. cinnamon

Mix first set of ingredients and pour half of batter into greased 9x13 pan.  Mix brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle half over batter.  Pour remaining batter and sprinkle remaining brown sugar and cinnamon.

Bake at 300 degrees for 55 minutes.  Remove from oven and pour glaze over warm cake.  I like to poke holes in my cake to let some of the glaze seep through.

Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla (less if you prefer)
4 Tbsp. milk

Mix and pour over warm cake.

No comments: