What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Monday, August 18, 2008

Easy (and different) Cubed Steaks


I don't know about y'all, but I usually fix cubed steak one way...dipped in flour and fried. I was trying to figure out something else to do with them, so I adapted a recipe that I found. We had Broccoli Casserole with this.

Easy Cubed Steaks

3-4 cubed steaks
can cream of onion soup
dash of Worcestershire sauce
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste

Season steaks with salt, pepper and garlic powder. In a cast iron skillet (just happened to be what I used, but doesn't have to be) brown on both sides. Spread 1 can of cream of onion soup over the top and dash some Worcestershire sauce. Cover with foil and bake in 350 oven for 1 hour. (It makes the best gravy without having to use flour. Sure would have liked to put them on mashed potatoes.)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Your cube steaks look so good. They remind me of what my grandma would make for dinner when my husband and I lived at her house. Good ol' comfort food. You have a nice blog, I'll be back often to visit!