What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hot Sauce Meatballs


Does your Dish Washer like hot wings as much as mine? Well, this weekend I was reading through a cookbook and found a recipe for meatballs using Frank's Red Hot sauce, which was perfect because I had some leftover from when I made Buffalo Chicken Dip. I changed up the original recipe a little bit by using oats instead of bread crumbs:

Hot Sauce Meatballs

1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 c. cooking oats
1 egg
1/2 c. onion, minced
1-1/2 tsp. Frank's RedHot Wing Sauce

Sauce

1/2 c. Frank's RedHot Wing Sauce
1 c. ketchup
3/4 c. beer

Preheat oven to 400. Combine beef, oats, egg, onion and 1-1/2 tsp. wing sauce. Shape mixture into 1-inch meatballs. Put meatballs in a baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes, until cooked through. (Mine went about 13 minutes.) Drain off drippings.

In a large pot, bring 1/2 c. wing sauce, ketchup and beer to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until slightly thickened. Pour over meatballs and place back into warm oven until meatballs are heated through.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH this looks soooooo good!!!! Bay-Bay wants some :)
-Tossie

Diana said...

If I were closer to you (especially now that I feel better), I would make these for you, your Bay-Bay, your May-May, her Bay-Bay (I heard about that...too cute!), and your Bay-Bay Daddy! :)

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Great idea. These sound delicious!