What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Southwest Mashed Sweet Potatoes


We've already talked about my love for savory sweet potatoes.  I'm always looking for new ways to try them out.  When I was recently going through recipes I cut out over the years I found this one.  We became huge green chile fans on our honeymoon in Santa Fe and haven't looked back since.  I knew we had to try it.

Southwest Mashed Sweet Potatoes

5 to 6 medium-size sweet potatoes
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.  Bring potatoes to a boil and boil 12 minutes or until tender.  Drain and return potatoes to pan.  Add sour cream and next 4 ingredients.  Mash with potato masher until smooth.  Serve warm. 

No comments: