What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Baked Bean Soup


LET SOUP SEASON BEGIN!!  I'm so excited for the cooler weather!  It just makes me feel better!  I couldn't wait to share this recipe with you, so you are getting two in one day!  Don't let the weirdness of this recipe title get to you.  If you like baked beans, this soup is for YOU!  I'm so excited for The Dish Washer to get home and try it.  I suspect he will love it!

Baked Bean Soup

1 lb. ground sausage (I used maple)
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. butter
1 (32 oz.) can of baked beans or leftover baked beans
half-n-half*

In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.  Add sausage and brown.  Drain off grease.  Add baked beans and simmer until warmed through.  Next, stir in half-n-half until it reaches the consistency you like.

*On the half-n-half, I used the whole 16 oz. carton.

No comments: