What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Friday, September 10, 2010

Mustard Baked Chicken


Last week my in-laws came to see The Bun.  I wanted to try this new recipe because it sounded so good.  AND is was SO good, but my chicken didn't get cooked through like my thermometer read!!  I tell myself after I cook a whole chicken that I will NEVER do it again but always do.  Then our world got a little turned upside down when The Chicken Farmer's heart wasn't "beeping" right again.  While I was at my parents helping out and trying to get some real food on the table instead of the pizza and chicken fingers we had been eating, I decided to try the rub on a pork tenderloin.  It was good, but I prefer it on the chicken.

Mustard Baked Chicken

1 (4 lb.) whole chicken
1 Tbsp. paprika
1-1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. olive oil

Remove giblets and neck, and rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry.  Place chicken in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag.  Stir together paprika and next 5 ingredients until well blended; rub over chicken, coating evenly.  Seal and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours, turning occasionally.  Remove from marinade, discarding marinade.  Place chicken in a roasting pan.  Bake at 425 for 50 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 170 degrees.  Let stand, covered, 15 minutes before slicing.

Next time I make this, I will just use chicken pieces and bake or maybe even grill.

**To avoid raw chicken, I have even baked this as individual chicken pieces.  See picture above.

--

11/29/12 update:  Recently we have been using this marinade for pork roasts and it is SO good!

No comments: