What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Baked Potato Soup

I'm typing all of these warm food recipes in on Monday, and setting the timer (pun intended since this is a food blog) to automatically post each day so that you won't come back and NOTHING be posted for days and days like last week. (If anybody even checks this thing!)

Mom found this recipe several years ago. It's another easy recipe and very good.

Baked Potato Soup

4 lg. baking potatoes
4 slices bacon
6 c. milk
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
4 green onions, diced
1-1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 (8 oz.) container sour cream

Pierce potatoes with fork; place on paper towel and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning once halfway through cooking. (HEY, if you want to really bake the potatoes in the oven, no one is stopping you. In fact, it is probably very good - I just don't like waiting that long.) Fry bacon in a large pot, crumble, and set aside. In same pot used for bacon, combine milk and flour, blending very well. Cook over medium heat about 15 minutes or until thick and bubbly. (BE CAREFUL with the heat and stir frequently so your bottom doesn't burn.) Cut cooked potatoes in half and scoop out cooked potato from skin; place in medium bowl and mash well. Add potatoes, bacon, 2 Tbsp. onion, 1 c. cheese, salt and pepper to milk. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Add sour cream. Sprinkle each serving with remaining onion and cheese.

Tomorrow is Brunswick Stew.

4 comments:

Eve said...

Diana,
I love your blog, so yes, someone reads it! You have some great recipes that are usually fairly easy, too, which is a must for me! I love the soup recipes especially with cooler weather hopefully on its way.

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I'm a "daily blog checker!" Your blog is bookmarked on my computer so it's easy to check each day! :) I love it. I don't share recipes well though. I have a ton I'd like to share, it's just typing them up. Ugh. I'll do it soon enough.

-Lindsey

Diana said...

Eve! I am so glad that you are a reader. I love easy too! I am adding your blog to my google reader, so that I can keep up with you. How cute is Genna!! I'll have to make sure Sister knows about your blog.

Lindsey, get me those recipes ASAP!! Make copies of them and fax 'em and I will do all the typing if that is the hold up. I think it is time for you to take over for a week!!

Anonymous said...

Sister knows about Genna's blog :)