What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Monday, October 6, 2008

Taco Soup


Long time, no blog! Since last post, I have been super busy at work training volunteers late into the evening and The Dish Washer was out of town all last week and flew out yesterday to be gone all this week, so there hasn't been much need for cooking. Here's what I have been eating off of all week. These are some of the easiest things when you need a quick meal and very good! Brings me back to the good old college days. I'm really in the mood for cooking warm Fall food right now, but this southern fall has been a little warmer than I like it to be before I start eating these meals. I'm going to post my favorite recipes for eating out of a bowl this week anyway, because they all freeze well and I can save them for later. Maybe I should wait until Bowl Season to be themed on my blog with "Bowl Food" but that would be too long to wait...and slightly ridiculous! :) I'll post pictures when I end up making them, because I will end up making them! First up...Taco Soup.

Everybody has had this or a variation of it. Some even call it Southwestern Soup or Santa Fe Soup. Whatever you call it and whatever you put in it - YUMMY! Here's the recipe I use...

Taco Soup

2 lbs. ground beef
1 small onion
2 pkgs. taco seasoning
1 pkg. hidden valley ranch mix
2 cans black beans, undrained (or ranch style beans...depends on what is in the pantry)
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can water
2 cans stewed tomatoes
2 cans shoe peg corn
1 small can tomato sauce

Brown beef and onion, drain off fat. Add next 8 ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat 15-30 minutes. Serve with Frito's, cheese, sour cream, etc...

How easy is that?? Tomorrow is Baked Potato Soup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Extremely easy!!! I made it last night and with the exception of the stewed tomatoes (that I will probably puree next time) Russ loved it.
-Tossie

Diana said...

Tos, I would maybe just use tomato sauce in place of the stewed tomatoes...that way you don't have to go to the trouble to puree. We had this too!