What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Turkey Cutlets in Marsala Sauce



I have some new readers from my office. Welcome, Welcome! So glad to have you! One I have mentioned before for her Corn Casserole...Super Social Worker. The other is the one that sits right beside me every week. We'll call her Ms. Noodles because that is her real clown name! This is one of her family's favorite recipes and she said that I had to try it because it is so good and so easy. She was right! We loved it.

Turkey Cutlets in Marsala Sauce

turkey cutlets
--
1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. salt
pepper

Mix the above ingredients and dredge the turkey cutlets in flour mixture.

Cook about 2 minutes per side to brown in:
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. olive oil

Remove cutlets and keep warm. Mix into pan with drippings the following:
1/2 c. Marsala cooking wine
(Be very careful around open flame!! Alcohol flames up!)
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Stir well and add cutlets back to pan; cook til done.

I served this with No Crust Spinach Pie. I changed a few things to the original recipe, so click to see.




As you can see from the picture above, I have been a busy girl! It has turned cold at night and I have been a maniac in the kitchen. Friday night, I made Chili and Taco Soup. I put all the chili and half of the soup in the freezer for later, and we ate off of taco soup that evening, as well as, today after church. Tonight while I was making our turkey cutlets, I also made a pot of Black-Eyed Pea Gumbo. I love it the next day, and I am going to have company tomorrow night, so I thought I would go ahead and make it. So, y'all be sure to save room to try some even if you get here after dinner! I'll put the rest that we don't eat in the freezer. When you put things like soup in the freezer, everything that I have read suggests that you should eat it within a month. I probably have gone over before but not by too much just because we have always been ready to eat it. Just wanted to throw that out there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get those containers? MOTC

Diana said...

They were holding baked beans from a local restaurant from Labor Day. I just washed them and they have been gret to use!