What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Bake


Two friends from high school had their first child, a very cute little girl, a month ago. I wanted to make dinner for this new family and have waited my turn while their church family has fed them over the last month. I haven't seen them since they were in the hospital, so I was dying to get my hands on that baby! She was very alert when I got there and then went right to sleep while I was holding her! Isn't that the best? I made this because it came highly recommended from Tossie. Someone from their church made this for them after Little Sister arrived this month. The Billboard Man highly recommended it, and he is one picky eater, so I knew it had to be good. It was very easy to make.

I stopped in the recipe before baking it off since I was taking it to them after work so would have no way to keep it warm. I included the ingredients and instructions on how to top it and bake it. The picture above is without the topping. This is the exact recipe I was given...I made a few (very minor) changes of my own.


Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Bake

1/2 c. chopped onion
1 tsp. olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (16 oz.) jar white Alfredo pasta sauce
20 oz. pkg. refrigerated cheese-filled or spinach tortellini
1½ c. cubed cooked chicken
1 c. milk
1¼  c. water
1 c. frozen peas
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

Topping:
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
½ c. panko bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. For pasta mixture, chop onion. Heat oil over medium-high heat; add onion. Cook until onion is tender.  Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until aromatic.  Stir in pasta sauce, tortellini, chicken, milk, water, peas and black pepper. Heat until mixture just comes to a boil; remove from heat.

Meanwhile, for crumb topping, place butter in microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until melted. Stir in bread crumbs and cheese; mix well.

Spoon pasta mixture into 9x13 casserole dish; sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are bubbly and topping is golden brown.

--

I also made a yummy Sheath Cake.

No comments: