What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nutella Cookies


I just had to make something sweet for my company and I have had my eye on a particular recipe for a cookie using Nutella.  I don't know about y'all, but I eat the stuff straight from the jar it is so good!  I can't buy it very often.  When I got started on my cookies, I realized I didn't have everything I would need so a quick search turned up these little cookies still using Nutella.  I hope to make the original recipe I had on my mind sometime, but for now these turned out delicious.  My Buddy always gives the best compliments and said they were the best cookies he has ever had and could he please take them home today?  I wouldn't say they are the best cookies I have ever had, but they were good.  (And they did go home with him!)  The perfect amount of chewiness.  They will look under baked when you first take them out, but turn out great.  They spread and become very thin, so be sure to give yourself enough room on the cookie sheet.

Nutella Cookies

2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 stick butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. Nutella

Preheat oven to 375.  Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar until creamy.  Beat 1 egg at a time into batter.  Mix in vanilla.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.  Gradually add the flour and mix until well combined.  Mix in Nutella.  Use cookie scoop or rounded teaspoon to drop cookies.  Bake for 9-11 minutes.

1 comment:

deese said...

They were very good!