What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Saw's BBQ and dreamcakes

From top (clockwise):  Strawberry, Peanut Butter Cup, Over the Moon, Bananas Foster)

For Father's day we celebrated The Dish Washer with a trip to Homewood for some bbq at Saw's.  Then we walked a few doors down for dessert at dreamcakes.  Can I please say that this was my first trip to both and I've been dying to try Saw's after hearing they had a smoked chicken sandwich with white bbq sauce.  It did not disappoint.  In fact, it was absolutely delicious!  The Dish Washer had been before and stuck with the traditional bbq sauce that he says is the best in town.

I also wanted to try dreamcakes and when I saw it was just a few doors down, I knew we had to go.  We got four flavors to bring home for later because we were stuffed.  They were all very delicious and moist, but we both agreed that strawberry was our favorite!  (Which says a lot because I normally stick with chocolate as my favorite everything.)

If you are ever in Birmingham, definitely try these two places!

No comments: