What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Monday, November 14, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Conecuh Sausage



And because The Dish Washer thinks no meal is complete without a side of meat, I knew I needed to come up with something to please him.  So I decided to take these sausages wrapped in bacon.  They are another super simple recipe that my Mother in law originally shared with me using hot dogs.  My sister made the same recipe once that used Conecuh sausage and I knew that is how I would make it from that point on.  It was delicious.  You could use any kind of sausage, hot dog or little smokies.

Bacon Wrapped Conecuh Sausage

1 lb. Conecuh sausage
1 lb. bacon, not thick cut
1 (1 lb.) box of light brown sugar

Cut sausage into 1 inch pieces.  Cut bacon strips into thirds.  Wrap each piece of sausage in bacon piece and secure with toothpick.  Place in crockpot.  Cover with brown sugar.  Cook on high for 3 hours or until bacon is cooked.

**If you double the meat in your recipe, you can still just use 1 box of brown sugar.

I also took Brunch Punch.  The Dish Washer said "I'd rather had just orange juice."  I hope at least the girls liked it.

No comments: