What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Quick & Easy Beef Stroganoff



The Bun is a very big meat eater.  He loves all things meat and fruit (and cookies!).  Veggies...not so much.  I've decided to pick my battles.  He especially loves Sloppy Joes which I had planned to make but remembered this recipe from my early cooking days of being in high school and cooking supper for my family.  I decided to give it a try and see if he would like it.  Surprisingly, he really does like it, even the noodles which he hasn't been eating lately.  It is so easy and quick.  I believe from the time I started cooking to the time it was on the table was 30 minutes at most.  I normally serve it with egg noodles, but elbow macaroni was all I had.  It really doesn't matter.  Just serve it with whatever noodles you have.

Quick & Easy Beef Stroganoff

1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 c. butter
2 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 clove garlic, minced or 1 tsp. garlic salt
1 can mushroom pieces, optional
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. sour cream

In large skillet, brown ground beef  and cook onion in melted butter until onion is tender.  Stir in flour, salt, pepper, garlic and mushroom pieces (I don't put the mushrooms in); cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.  Stir in soup and mix well; simmer uncovered for 10 minutes on low.  Stir in sour cream; heat through.

Serve over noodles.

No comments: