What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread



It is a drizzly day here today, which is the perfect day to spend in the kitchen.  We have THE BIG GAME this weekend to attend and my mom is coming into town to stay with The Bun.  I always try to thank my babysitters with good food and this weekend is certainly no exception.  I settled on this bread being our snack.  I hope it lasts until she gets here!  I also have Taco Soup, Tarragon Chicken Salad with Cranberries and Honey Oatmeal Bread on the agenda.  I may add Tri-Colored Pasta Salad to the mix, but haven't decided yet.

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

1/2 stick butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 c. quick cooking oats
2 Tbsp. water
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients.  Pour into greased and floured regular sized loaf pan and bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.  Adjust cooking time if you use smaller loaf pans.

1 comment:

deese said...

Once again you made this babysitter very happy. Your dad loved the banana bread too but he is the only one I shared it with!!