What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Crescent Italiano Bake

The Dish Washer and I are trying to decide if we want to travel in the Fall to the Chuck Wagon Cook-Off in Fort Worth. (His boss has invited us!) Has anyone seen this on Food Network? I'm all in because I can't think of a more fun way to spend another anniversary, but it will be during football season and a huge rivalry game with the state to our North. Luckily, that will be an away game, so we would watch it on TV anyway. I hope he decides YES! This has me thinking of cooking competitions. I loved watching Little House on the Praire and they went to a local fair one year and people entered their favorite pies to win blue ribbons. My elementary/junior high school had a Beef Cook-off every year. (It was a school full of cattlemen.) This recipe (not mine) was entered, and I can't remember that far back, but I believe it was a winner!

Crescent Italiano Bake

1 lb. ground beef
1 c. mushrooms
1/2 c. onions
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 small can tomato sauce
1 c. shredded cheese
1 (8 oz.) can crescent rolls, separated
1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. basil

Preheat oven to 375. Brown beef, mushrooms and onions. Drain. Add salt, pepper and tomato sauce. Place in 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with cheese. Mix herbs and sour cream. Spread 1 Tbsp. of mixture on each roll and then roll up. Put on top of meat mixture. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.

No comments: