What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Monday, June 23, 2008

Barbecue Cups

I'm using the worst camera because The Dish Washer has the "good one," so sorry for the blurry picture. Tonight was my night to make a meal for the couple from our Sunday school class and their precious, little baby! The new daddy is a meat and potatoes kind of guy, so I went straight to my meat and potatoes expert, The Dish Washer, on what to make for them. I ended up making these barbecue cups, hashbrown casserole, oriental salad, and lemon pie. (I didn't make the carrot cake even though it would have been so cute, because it is just too hot!) I walked in tonight and just started putting things in her fridge and oven to be able to get my hands on that baby boy as fast as I could, so now I am worried that if she didn't see me doing that they are probably wondering where I put the food. HA!

Mom used to make these all the time when we were growing up. They are from that big, yellow Calling All Cooks! cookbook. I've never done this, but I've always wanted to make mini ones and serve them as an appetizer.

Barbecue Cups

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. barbecue sauce
1 Tbsp. minced onion
1 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 can refrigerated biscuits (10)
3/4 c. grated cheese

Preheat the oven to 400. Brown the meat in a frying pan until crumbly and drain off grease. Stir in the barbecue sauce, onion and brown sugar. Grease a muffin pan and press each biscuit into a cup in the muffin pan. Spoon the meat mixture into the cups and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes until brown.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric asked me to make those for dinner last night. I made them a long time ago and he loved them. Anything with BBQ, he loves. I've also done Taco Cups the same way except with taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. Really yummy!

Diana said...

Isn't that funny that we made the same thing on the same day!?!?

Anonymous said...

Great-I just love being the one to follow up 'the cook' for Luke & Lindsay. They are going to have a rude awakening when they see me pull up! :)
See you tonight-Lara