What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Corn Chicken Bake

I don't know what it is, but I usually am pretty good about remembering when and where I get a good recipe. This one I remember very well...I was down in Andalusia visiting The Former Roomy and her family. Her mom always inspired me in the kitchen because she always fed us so well, and it was so many fun, new recipes that I had never had before. When she made this, I knew that I HAD to have the recipe so that I could take it home with me and impress my family. And there was no better timing because Father's Day was approaching, so I gathered up all the ingredients and made this for my dad. Everyone really enjoyed it, so in honor of Father's Day tomorrow and MY DAD --

Corn Chicken Bake

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cornbread stuffing mix
1 (8.75 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 c. boiling water
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 can cream of celery soup
1/3 c. milk
1 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley

1. Preheat oven to 375. Coat 9x13 pan with non stick spray.
2. Place chicken in single layer and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. In large bowl, combine stuffing mix, corn, water, and melted butter; mix well and spoon over the chicken.
4. In the same bowl, combine soup, milk, and parsley; mix well. Pour over stuffing, then cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 8-10 more minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken and stuffing is golden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the corn chicken bake! I haven't made it in a while. I think it's time to break out the good ol recipes! :)