What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Grape Salad


Pictured above without brown sugar and pecans, but I prefer with!

Found out this week that Tossie is having another baby!! She has requested that I post this recipe because her office is having a "salad party." Sounds like so much fun! What pregnant people ask for, pregnant people get! I had never had this before I joined Jason's family and it is a favorite that his mom makes! I LOVE IT!!

Grape Salad

2 lbs. green seedless grapes
2 lbs. red seedless grapes
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 c. sour cream
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. toasted pecans

Wash and dry grapes and place in large mixing bowl. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth and creamy. Pour mixture over grapes and stir to coat all the grapes. Place grapes in serving dish. For topping, combine brown sugar and toasted pecans and sprinkle over the top. Watch disappear (especially when the pregnant lady is near!) ;)

**The mixture of cream cheese, sour cream and sugar makes a great dip for all fruits, as well. Allow to chill in the fridge overnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Diana,
I'm loving your blog and the recipes I've found on it. I'm so glad you told me about it when I visited with all of you recently even though it was for a sad occasion.

Will be keeping up with you and yours through your blog and the recipes you publish.

Best wishes,
Linda in Northport, AL