What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Ziploc Omelettes

Before I get to the recipe, I wanted to share about my day today. Sister's family came for a surprise visit today! WOO HOO! We had a fun day swimming at the swimming pool, and since THIS LEMON PIE had been on my mind earlier this week, I went ahead and whipped one up. (I've added a picture to the original recipe...I went ahead and used food coloring because My Buddy was coming and I knew he would like that.) Sorry Tossie, no grilled pizza this weekend but I do promise to give it a try and when I do, you will find it here! Steaks were the food of choice tonight! :)

Anyway, before I knew company was coming I was in the kitchen making our breakfast and this is a great, fun thing to make. This recipe is from Jason's Mom, who for Christmas this year, gave me and my sister-in-law a handwritten cookbook of all the family/friend favorites. Not much better than that!




Ziploc Omelettess
Have each person write their name on a QUART-SIZE Ziploc freezer bag with a permanent marker.
Crack 2 eggs into each Ziploc bag, shake to mix. Have cheese, ham, onion, green pepper, chopped tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc. available in bowls. Have each person add ingredients of their choosing to their bag and shake. Make sure air is out of bag when zipped.
Place bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. Can cook up to 6-8 bags at a time in a large pot. If more bags, use a second pot.
At end of 13 minutes, remove bag from water, open and omelette will roll right out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed!
Each bag can be prepared the night before, ready to cook the next morning.
--
I think this would be so fun with a crowd. We have just been adding Canadian bacon, cheese and green onions to ours and they really are great!

No comments: