What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"Putting Up" Squash

I have had the day off since I am working Saturday, and it has been OH SO LOVELY! I spent the morning at the pool and then came home and had Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad (I've added a picture), then took a nap!! What a day! I've started another wallpaper removal project (no turning back now) that has also kept me pretty busy. I try to do these projects while The Dish Washer is away because he hates a mess! I didn't cook anything today, but I am putting up some squash that my father-in-law gave me this weekend. With squash growing in full force, sometimes you can't eat it fast enough, so you "put it up" for later. Here's how the mother-in-law told me to do it.
Slice the squash, then put in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain, cool and put up in freezer bags or freezer containers. Here is all my squash in its glory...cooling before being put up! I can't wait to make this squash casserole!

No comments: