What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Corn Salad


I hope everyone had a great Labor Day! The Dish Washer and I went from having absolutely nothing planned before the weekend started, to having a house full of his family. We missed our T-town family, but know y'all had fun with your plans! It was very fun to visit with everybody. We had a Boston butt, hamburgers, baked beans and salads-a-plenty (corn, potato, grape, oriental slaw). This corn salad was SOOOO GOOD! Don't worry, My Family, when we get together again, we WILL be having this salad! I just wish I had taken pictures of all of our food, so that you can see. I've been rolling around all day today, as you can imagine, because y'all know we didn't forget dessert. I made these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Cups. Check out the recipe, because they were so good and easy. I'm pretty sure we had eaten them all before we even got to our "real food."

Corn Salad

2 (15 oz.) cans whole kernel corn, drained
2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
1 c. mayonnaise
1 c. green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 c. red onions, chopped
1 (10.5) oz. bag coarsely crushed chili-cheese corn chips (Frito's)

Mix first 5 ingredients and chill. Stir in corn chips just before serving.

--

What was your favorite thing to eat on Labor Day Weekend?

5 comments:

SuperSW said...

This was so easy to make and also a big hit at the Auburn Tailgate party. Amy (sil), Sandy, and Katie (niece) wanted the recipe.
Thanks for helping me out.

Diana said...

Does Katie like to cook? How fun! She could totally make that in her dorm room!

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves this and is always asking me for it, so I am trying to point them in your direction!! We served it at my sister-in-laws baby shower dinner this past weekend!! Great with BBQ! Hopefully they will find it on here....and I mean you Aunt K!

Anonymous said...

This salad is AWESOME, I have made for several family functions and now I am constantly asked to make it, Thanks Diana - Jennifer Craft Hill (Tammy's Daughter)

Diana said...

Jennifer, I am glad y'all like it so much. I remember your mom telling me about your family having it pretty often. Please tell Tammy I said hello!