What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes



We had this meal last weekend...I'm just now getting around to posting it. You can check out my roast recipe here. (I've added a picture of it over there.) There was nothing special about the green beans, but I wanted to share my mashed sweet potatoes. As I've mentioned before, I don't care for Sweet Potato Casserole although I am certain Tossie's recipe is delicious, for those that do like it. I was never even big on eating sweet potatoes until I met The Dish Washer. Now that is all we ever eat. I can't tell you the last time I made regular mashed potatoes.

Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Sweet potatoes, diced and boiled until tender
milk
butter
salt
pepper
garlic powder

Pour in the milk and butter until the potatoes reach the consistency that you like. (Just like the regular version.) Then season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.

--

Today, after church, we came home and fired up the grill and had grilled chicken wings using the Cha Cha Cha Grilling Marinade. I've added a picture there too! The in-laws stopped by late this afternoon on their way home from the mountains and brought fun Paula Deen treats. We'll be using the Lady & Sons Pepper Mix and Savannah Marinade very soon!!

No comments: