What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bacon Delight Dip

This the last of Carol's recipes that she sent me this week. I hope y'all have drooled over them as much as I have. This one seems like the icing on the cake...

Bacon Delight Dip - great for football parties or tailgating

1 pkg. hickory smoked bacon
1 round loaf bread
1 pkg. cream cheese, softened - 8 ounce
1 carton sour cream (16 ounce)
1 can chopped green chilies
6 green onions, chopped

Cook bacon until crisp. Drain; crumble and set aside. Cut top off of bread to form a cover. Remove bread inside loaf leaving a 1/2 inch shell of bread. Cut removed bread for dipping. Combine the other ingredients and stir in bacon. Spoon mixture into bread and replace bread top. Wrap bread in heavy foil and bake 1 1/2 hours at 350.

2 comments:

Steph said...

We're the opposite around here: He's the cook and I'm the dishwasher and cleaner (of everything!) I'll have to point him to your blog because he loves new recipes. Before you go thinking he's a little odd for liking to cook so much I should point out that it's more a love of eating good food than anything else.

Lauren Delaine said...

oh my WORD, I haven't even read the whole post yet, but you had me at the ingredients!

Actually, you had me at bacon!

Rena @ insertgracehere.com