What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Corn Dip

Y'all know I love a good story behind a recipe, and this one involves the "giver" of the recipe! The Dish Washer and I are 9 years apart in age. This has made for some very funny jokes about the fact that when he graduated from high school, I was in the third grade. THIRD GRADE! Now, I know that once you reach a certain point that age is just a number, but it is still hilarious to me! Don't worry, we started dating when I was 22! ;) That's a little background to this story. Anyway, Heather Willalwaysbekingtome is who sent me the great dip recipes that I am going to share with you. She has a brother, Kenny, who is my age, and we were always hanging out together with our group of about 6 church friends. We were so much like brothers and sisters in that group! When Heather got married, naturally, Kenny needed a date to the wedding/wedding parties. And, naturally, I was his date. I had so much fun getting to be a part of that and still remember it to this day. You know who was at that wedding, in the same building, looking out across that Capital City that I was, years before we ever knew each other even existed? The Dish Washer! He was fraternity brother/college roommate with Heather's brother in law. I am just fascinated by the fact that my future husband and I were in the same spot at her wedding. I was still in high school! Do you ever think about people you've met and how you might have come in contact with them in the past?

That's enough of a story, let's get to the real goods! She said she wanted to send me these since football season was so near. We cheer for different teams in this state, but food can unite us all, right? Heck no! Not here! :)

Corn Dip

2 cans Mexicorn
2 c. mayo
2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
2 c. grated Pepper Jack cheese

Combine all ingredients and bake at 350 until bubbly.

--

**I don't know if she drains her corn or not, but I probably would.  Then I'd mix all and bake in 9x13 casserole at 350 for 30-40 minutes.

One more dip recipe from her tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story-very sweet. Who knows, he might have seen you across the room and thought what a beautiful girl--couldn't act on it b/c he would been arrested! Ha. Recipe sounds yummy too...oh, almost forgot....WAR EAGLE!! Lara

Anonymous said...

Thanks Heather Willalwaysbekingtome for sharing!! I needed to make a dip for this weekend!!