What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pioneer Baked Beans


I'm blogging from the kitchen this morning. I've got to get two breakfast boys (The Dish Washer and his cousin) on the road for their Annual Road Trip to Duke Basketball. Let's hope they win so they come home happy...not looking too good though! I have tons of new breakfast recipes to try, but I have managed to wake up this morning without any cheese in my house! All the recipes call for cheese. So this morning, we are just having breakfast sausage and frozen biscuits. But these are delicious "taste like mama's" biscuits...well not my Mama's because she never made homemade biscuits (that I remember anyway), so tastes like MeeMaw's for me!

Anyway, I got to thinking that I forgot to post the baked bean recipe that I promised. These are from Super Social Worker and she wanted to call them "Pioneer Baked Beans" because she is loving to read the Pioneer Woman's website. Apparently it is motivating her to cook in the kitchen. Speaking of PW, check this out...she and my favorite magazine are about to collide. I can't wait until that issue comes out!! The Dish Washer and I would LOVE to live on her ranch! Back to the beans - she didn't give me any exact measurements, but here is what she did.

"Pioneer" Baked Beans

2 cans Bush's baked beans
1 lb. breakfast sausage
green bell pepper
onion
ketchup
mustard
brown sugar
barbecue sauce

In a skillet, she browned sausage with an onion and bell pepper. Then she drained it and added it to the cans of beans. Then she added the other ingredients until she got the taste like she liked it. That's all I know. I don't even know if she baked hers...I did mine. Hey SuperSW, how about telling us what you did after putting it all together?

I did the sausage, bell pepper and onions. I used my recipe as a guide for baking, using pork n beans instead of baked beans. I also used the barbecue sauce. It was very good and The Dish Washer absolutely loved it!

1 comment:

SuperSW said...

SuperSw did bake the beans for about 45 minutes to an hour.