What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Butter Horns (Crescent Rolls)


Is it easier to just open up a can of crescent rolls?  ABSOLUTELY!  But these rolls are super simple to make, DELICIOUS and make a special occasion that much more special.

HERE is the recipe.

This recipe makes 48 dinner rolls, so I decided to half the recipe because we didn't need that many.  I thought it halved great.

The tricky part about Sunday lunch is not having the time to prepare much the day of, so I had to come up with ways to make things ahead of time that could be warmed or kept cold the day of our lunch.  I decided to make these rolls on Tuesday and freeze them.  Then I would bake them off on Sunday for them to be warm and fresh.  A homemade version of Brown 'N Serve rolls.  Here's what I did:

I followed the recipe all the way up to the baking point.  Then I baked the rolls at 325 degrees for 10 minutes, not allowing them to brown.  Cool the rolls completely and freeze on tray.  Once just frozen separate and place in ziploc bag or other wrapping.  When ready to bake, allow to thaw 10-15 minutes and bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until tops are browned.  Top with melted butter and serve warm.

No comments: