What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hummingbird Cake



Shall we start with Easter dessert first?  I realized as I was making this cake, that it is essentially the same recipe that I used for Banana Nut Muffins.  The exception is less oil in the cake and honestly, I think it could have used the oil for a little more moisture.  Good gracious, I am sure there would be about 1200 calories in one slice, but for special occasions it would be totally worth it.  :)  I also was a little disappointed in the recipe's amount of icing.  I barely had enough to cover the cake (and definitely not as much as the picture on SL website showed), so next time, I will probably make 1-1/2 times the recipe of icing.  Otherwise, it hit the spot.  I would have loved to include the nuts, but I managed to allow the nut haters in my family to talk me out of using them.  They could be optional, and don't change the original taste of the recipe much.

I used the Hummingbird Cake recipe from Southern Living.

No comments: