What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Egg in the Hole




Hello?  Anybody still there and/or interested in this?  I have been pretty busy cooking lately, just nothing new to share...all things already here on the blog.  This Egg in the Hole has become a favorite breakfast around here, although not so much with The Bun but he sure does love the sausage served with it!  We actually ate it for dinner last night and I thought I would share how simple it is.

Egg in the Hole

Slice of bread per person
1 egg per person
butter
salt and pepper

Cut a hole in the slice of bread, either using a biscuit cutter or glass rim.  Melt butter in skillet over medium heat and place bread (and remaining circle...my favorite part) in pan.  Allow bread to get close to toasted.  Then add cracked egg into the hole.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.  I actually just use pepper.  Give egg some time to cook and flip to toast on other side of bread.  When egg feels firm and cooked, remove from heat and serve.

I'll leave you with this:

I've had so much fun planning my Easter lunch menu and I have gotten a head start on some of the preparing.  Lots of yummy new recipes coming soon...if they turn out good, of course.  :)  I am trying a homemade version of brown & serve rolls.  I'll let you know how it goes.

In addition to new recipes, some of the recipes already on here that I am planning to make (if you are looking for Easter ideas) are:

Marinated Carrots
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Lady's Green Beans

No comments: