What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Rice and Artichoke Salad


This was the one dish that I thought my guests might balk at.  Fortunately, everyone (with one exception) seemed to enjoy it.  The Dish Washer definitely balked!  I thought it was delicious.  My in laws joined us for lunch on Monday and we ate leftovers.  My MIL pointed out that it tasted like curry chicken salad...minus the chicken.  I thought that made sense.  I think it would be great served at a luncheon.

Rice and Artichoke Salad

1 (6.9 oz.) pkg. Rice-A-Roni, chicken flavor
1 (12 oz.) jar marinated artichoke hearts
5 green onions
1/2 c. mayo
1/4 tsp. curry powder


Cook rice according to package directions, omitting butter.  Allow to cool completely.  (Will really be clumpy and you will think the recipe may be messed up, but the dressing will help separate the rice again.)  Drain artichoke hearts, reserving liquid.  I chose to chop them into smaller pieces.  Chop green onion.  Add artichokes and onions to rice.  In a separate bowl, whisk mayo, artichoke juice and curry powder.  Pour over rice and mix well.  Allow to chill completely.  Best if made a day ahead.

No comments: