What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Chicken Lazone

Today is MOTC's birthday...if she were coming to my house for dinner tonight, this is what I would make her. Instead, I am meeting the fam for lunch so maybe another time!

This was served at Brennan's Restaurant in New Orleans, LA and something I cooked in my college cooking class.

Chicken Lazone

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 tsp. salt
1-1/2 tsp. chilli powder
1-1/2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. garlic powder
4 Tbsp. REAL butter (just for you!!)
1/2 c. heavy cream
egg noodles, cooked
fresh parsley

Combine the seasonings in a bowl and coat the chicken breasts with the mixture. Melt 2 Tbsp. of the butter in a saute pan, then cook the chicken breasts over medium heat, turning once, until done, approximately 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and hold in a warm oven. Pour the cream into the pan and lower the heat. Simmer for several minutes, stirring, until the sauce thickens. Whisk in the remaining butter.

Arrange the chicken breasts over egg noodles. Top with the cream sauce and garnish with the chopped parsley.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this real spicy?

Anonymous said...

I made this tonight for guests and they LOVED it! It was SO YUMMY! I've had fun trying out all your good recipes. Keep up the good work! :)
~The Former Roommate

Diana said...

Hey! I'm assuming that you may have been the one asking if it is real spicy? Now that I see you made it, I'm sure you know that it isn't spicy at all! I'm glad that y'all liked it...it's a favorite!! We're down here at the beach, so I am just now seeing all of this. I'm glad you went ahead and tried it instead of waiting to hear back from me!!