What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Texas Hash



Texas Hash

1 lb. ground beef
3 large onions, sliced
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes
1/2 c. uncooked regular rice
1 or 2 tsp. chili powder, according to taste
2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Preheat oven to 350. In large skillet, cook and stir ground beef until light brown. Drain off fat. Add onions and green peppers and stir until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, rice, chili powder, salt and pepper; heat through.

Pour into 2 quart casserole. Cover and bake 1 hour. Remove cover and sprinkle cheese if desired and bake 15 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Garnish with sour cream.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi there...I saw your comment on Laura Beth's blog and followed the link here! I love your blog and now will check it regularly. I'm a terrible cook but I think it is because I don't really have good recipes. Reading your blog inspires me to take more chances!!
P.S. do we know each other? Just wondering. Glad you read my blog :)

Diana said...

Yes, Amanda!! We know each other...I guess I should have signed "Smith" on the end of my name since my blog doesn't really talk about who I am!! ;)

Amanda said...

HA! Diana you are so funny. I thought that may be you. I had no idea you cooked so well! How is everything going in B'ham? I'll keep your real identity a secret ;)