What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Meatloaf

Where's the beef? I realize the last 3 posts have been chicken recipes...now I'm sure Sister's husband, The Chicken Farmer, is glad about that, but The Dish Washer is in the cow business. In fact, he is probably steer roping in Texas as we speak (or write)...maybe I should call him The Cow Roper, but I'll stick with The Dish Washer. Anyway, I digress - we're here for food! Most people turn their noses up at meatloaf, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord and eat the meatloaf! Here are three very "beefy" recipes with our family favorite at the top of the list (first two courtesy of my BFF Paula Deen! - click on the link)

BACON Cheeseburger Meatloaf

Cheeseburger Meatloaf and Sauce (pictured above using PepperJack cheese)

Best Ever Meatloaf (this is the title on my recipe card)

1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 c. fine dry breadcrumbs
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 c. finely chopped onion
1 tsp. salt
1/3 c. water
1 (8 oz.) package crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 375. Mix 1/2 c. soup, beef, breadcrumbs, egg, onion and salt. Shape firmly into loaf; place in shallow baking pan. Bake for 1 hour.

Spoon off fat. Separate crescent rolls; place crosswise over top and down sides of meat loaf, overlapping slightly. Take one more slightly beaten egg and brush on top of crescent rolls. Bake 15 minutes.

No comments: