What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hashbrown Quiche

Today is a very rainy day so I thought there was no better day to get in the kitchen and make The Dish Washer a good ole country breakfast...bacon, eggs and biscuits. This isn't a regular Saturday morning occurrence, but he has been gone a long time and I have missed him. As we were sitting at the table to eat, I was thinking it was a shame that we don't have breakfast together every Saturday like this because it is a great time to eat together at the table. Everyone knows how to make bacon, eggs and biscuits so I am not going to share that with you, but it did remind me of a recipe that MOTC made when I was home for a recent visit. This was so good that I think I could have eaten the whole thing by myself.

Hashbrown Quiche

3 cups, shredded frozen hash browns, thawed and drained
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
3 large eggs, beaten
1 cup half-and-half
3/4 cup diced cooked ham
1/2 cup diced green onions
1 cup shredded Cheddar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 450.

Gently press the drained hash browns between paper towels to dry them as best as possible. In a 9-inch pie plate, toss the hash browns with the melted butter into the plate. Press them into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and starting to crisp.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. When the hash brown crust is ready pour the egg mixture over it and return to the oven.

Lower the oven temperature to 350 and bake for about 30 minutes until the quiche is light golden brown on top and puffed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big quiche fan, but I made this for family this weekend and we loved it! -Linds