What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Chicken Enchilada Soup

This is a picture of it bagged...for picture of it in a bowl, click on recipe link below.

I don't know what my problem is! I always seem to try new recipes whenever I am taking food to folks. You would think that I would have learned by now not to do this, but I just can't help myself. I try to think away from the typical casseroles and such. It was our turn to make dinner for our friends who just recently added a sweet baby girl to their almost two year old twin boys. I had come across this Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe and it sounded really good, so I made that for them. Once it was made, I scooped The Dish Washer and I some out to try, because obviously if it had been bad I wouldn't have given it to them. It had a great taste though, so it is sent...I hope they like those flavors! My only complaint about it was that something crazy was going on with the cheese when I added it. I don't know if I added it while it was still too hot or what, but it wanted to stick to my spoon or the bottom of the bowl instead of being really creamy. Maybe when they reheat it, it will all even out. Ashley is a reader, so she will have to let us know how it worked out. Hey, it's not my recipe so you can be honest!

I didn't think the boys would be too crazy about soup, and I know they like quiche so I made them some mini Christmas tree broccoli quiches using the mold that my mom gave me recently. I was tempted to add some food coloring to make them green and fun but I thought I would just let the broccoli be the only thing green. I made The Dish Washer try one of those too before we sent them off. He gave it the thumbs up, so off they went too.

I wrapped it up with Chocolate Chip Pound Cake for dessert. That recipe I wasn't concerned about! I've made it a dozen times or more and could even eat the whole thing myself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So Yummy!! I have been meaning to call you and let you know how wonderful dinner was. My internet has been down since Tuesday. The boys loved the quiche! I was going to ask for recipes and now I can just get them off here. A proper Thank You note will follow but I wanted to let you know it was all so good. We really need to get together and visit soon!! We would love to have y'all over. Once the boys go to bed at 8 it should be pretty quiet and we could visit.