What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ranch Bread


Last weekend, I was supposed to help with a couples baby shower. At the last minute, The Dish Washer and I got a great opportunity to go to Atlanta for the SEC Championship Game. It was an offer too good to pass up and the soon to be parents are both Alabama fans, so we knew they would understand me bailing out at the last minute. Unfortunately, I had already bought all the necessary items that I was asked to bring. I was asked to make corn salad and bring BBQ bread. Since I didn't go, I had tons of stuff to make corn salad and tons of BBQ bread. This will explain to you why I have been making the corn salad so much this week. Don't worry! My mom came to the rescue and made the corn salad and bought bread to take in my place. Thanks again for doing that!

I was able to give some of the bread away yesterday to one of the families that my company worked with and still had plenty to be able to make bread for our dinner. I didn't want to give just a plain piece of bread, so I made Ranch Bread. The picture above is before it baked and the picture below is after.

Ranch Bread

1 loaf of bread (French or, in this case, BBQ bread)
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 pkg. Ranch dressing mix (the dry stuff)

Mix butter and dressing mix well. Spread over bread and broil until browned.

No comments: